Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- As a computer scientist, the employee advises on highly complex issues, studies, research and analysis projects. Work pertains to the security research, acquisition, design, development, and maintenance of new or substantially improved information systems. Assignments include:
- Provides professional/technical leadership and direction in the conceptual design, formulation and development of major prototype and developmental systems or in making extensive modifications and upgrades to existing systems, taking into account changing requirements and interfaces, advances in technology, and evolving standards.
- Conducts research into areas of great importance, significance, and difficulty, such as artificial intelligence including the application of computers to solve problems and to understand the principles of human intelligence.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of MITS and IRS at professional meetings and conferences. Consults with senior level staff in IRS and other IT specialists on IT policies, issues, and problems, etc.
- Functions as a recognized program expert and technical/professional expert and is sought after by outside authorities for consultation, advice and guidance in assigned area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601510600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.