The Office of Chief Counsel, the largest tax law firm in the country, is a great place to work with an excellent benefits package and family-friendly atmosphere. Our mission is to serve America's taxpayers fairly and with integrity by providing correct and impartial interpretation of the internal revenue laws and the highest quality legal advice and representation for the Internal Revenue Service.Learn more about this agency
The Associate Chief Counsel, Income Tax and Accounting (ITA) employs approximately 95 attorneys who work in our national office in Washington, D.C. These attorneys provide legal advice, litigation services, and litigation support on tax matters involving specialty areas of tax law related to tax accounting and individual income taxation including the recognition and timing of income and deductions by individuals and corporations, sales and exchanges, capital gains and losses, accounting methods and periods, installment sales, long term contracts inventories and alternative minimum tax.
As a Management Analyst, you will:
- Make in depth studies of management problems to determine the extent of needed changes and/or modifications to existing programs and prepares reports recommending or proposing remedial action;
- Analyze complex issues and drafts various memoranda and documents as assigned;
- Serve as ITA's principal point of contact and coordinator on all aspects of Counsel Automated Systems Environment (CASE and TL CATS);
- Analyze and identify workload trends and develop staffing models;
- Work with the Associate to ensure that managers are monitoring timeliness and other performance measures;
- Develop detailed plans and goals for the implementation and administration of ITA CASE and TL CATS programs;
- Be responsible for compiling and presenting mid-year and year end information to management for required SES performance goals reports;
Please note this is not an all-inclusive list of duties.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601509000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.