You will serve as the Product Director, Air Wing Integration and Interoperability/Electronic Warfare Effects for the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD). This position is a direct report to the Executive Director, NAWCWD, who serves as a SES (Tier 2).Learn more about this agency
The position may be filled in one of the following duty locations: Point Mugu, CA or China Lake, CA.
- You will be responsible for the overall execution of products and services across a broad portfolio of tactical air and electronic warfare weapon systems acquisition programs.
- You will be responsible for: F/A-18A-D, F/A-18 E/F; EA-18G Airborne Electronic Attack; AV-8B; F-35; AH-1; T-45; Naval Mission Planning Systems; Multi-Domain Electronic Warfare Systems; Unmanned Air Systems; and various other Programs of Record.
- You will lead the Integrated Product Teams that develop, integrate and deliver software and systems for the assigned portfolio of weapon systems, to include the unique laboratories and facilities required to execute the full systems lifecycle.
- You will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and be the principal advisor for tactical air and electronic warfare programs at all levels within and outside the Command.
- You will be responsible for development, integration and delivery of new concepts, methods and techniques for software, mission systems development, integration, avionics, electronic warfare and weapons integration and fleet training and support.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the application of systems engineering and integration, design analyses, test and evaluation, research and Science and Technology.
- You will ensure all products and services executed within the program portfolio apply sound systems engineering principles and best practices in order to meet or exceed cost, schedule and performance targets defined by acquisition program managers.
- You will be responsible for the overall operations of the Product Group, including strategic planning, business and financial management, personnel management and resource development and allocation.
- You will have direct management responsibility for 1 military and approximately 30 civilian personnel, comprised of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, operations research analysts, technicians, and administrative professionals.
- You will manage and execute an annual operating overhead budget of approximately $2M and influence approximately $1.1B annually in direct funding for research, development, test and evaluation products and services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601502400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.