You will serve as the Product Director, Targeting and Kinetic Effects at the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), China Lake, California. You will be responsible for the overall execution of products and services across a broad portfolio of air-launched and surface-launched weapon systems acquisition programs. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director, NAWCWD, who serves as a SES (Tier 2).Learn more about this agency
- You will oversee the development, integration and delivery of new concepts, methods and techniques for the technical execution of weapon acquisition program requirements across a broad spectrum of air and surface-launched naval weapons.
- You will lead the Technical Project Offices that develop, integrate, and deliver software and systems for assigned weapon systems acquisition programs, to include the unique laboratories and facilities required to execute the full systems lifecycle.
- You will serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and be the principal advisor for naval weapons systems development and integration matters relative to NAWCWD at all levels within and outside the Command.
- You will ensure products and services executed within the program portfolio apply sound systems engineering principles and best practices in order to meet or exceed cost, schedule and performance targets defined by the acquisition program managers.
- You will manage the operations of the Targeting and Kinetic Effects Product Group, including strategic planning, business and financial management, personnel management and resource development and allocation.
- You will have direct management responsibility for 1 military and approximately 58 civilian personnel, comprised of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, operations research analysts, technicians, and administrative professionals.
- You will oversee an annual operating overhead budget of approximately $2M and influence approximately $400M annually in direct funding for research, development, test and evaluation products and services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601502100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.