The position serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OIT), IT Operations & Services (ITOPS), Solution Delivery (SD), Business Systems Engineering (BSE), Health Systems Engineering (HSE). SD provides central engineering services and management of a technical framework promoting one technology vision across VA, which supports system optimization, integration and interoperability throughout the enterprise.Learn more about this agency
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
Cyber Security Code 651 - Enterprise Architect, Cyber Security Code 632 - Systems Developer, and Cyber Security Code 411 - Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position (A virtual position can be at any VA-owned or leased space)
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD02965A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work will require frequent walking, bending, and lifting.
- Performs in a senior capacity and undertakes enterprise-level assignments of a special or critical nature.
- Serves on VA VistA disaster recovery teams responsible for recovering systems and data to operating condition as soon as possible after catastrophic disasters such as natural (hurricane, tornado, flood, earthquake, etc.) or man made (fire, flood, sabotage, human error).
- Participates in the development of VistA hardware configurations to be used at VA facilities nationwide for VistA application.
- Provides technical expertise, support to management, and training, guidance, and direction to junior members and partners of the Service Delivery organization.
- Plans installation and maintenance of operating system software utilized nationwide.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601496400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.