What Is The Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics (RAAS)Division? Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics anticipates and meets customers’ needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will assist with planning, analyzing, evaluating, and/or improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and/or operating programs.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Perform operational reviews, and prepare program evaluations on an organization’s clearly-defined process; provide guidelines regarding the effectiveness of operations in meeting established goals and objectives;
- Provide input on program staffing to improve baseline measures and organizational efficiency;
- Work with senior analysts to create detailed project documentation;
- Review statistics for accuracy in written analysis and tabulations;
- Review tables for public release to ensure proper application of disclosure rules;
- Extract and evaluate information from relational databases, such as the Service Integrated Data Retrieval System (IDRS) or Oracle using queries;
- Provide input on changes in methods, procedures, and techniques to improve baseline measures and organizational efficiency
- Assist in data entry and editing as needed; evaluate data to determine reasonableness and consistency of data; and make appropriate corrections.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - 1 to 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601461800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.