This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
Coast Guard C5I Service Center (C5ISC) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! Our Mission is to be adaptive and affordable service provider and protector of information and infrastructure that enables the Coast Guard to effectively execute its missions. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, and contractors who keep Coast Guard Missions functioning smoothly and effectively.
You will serve as a System Configuration Control Manager (SCCM) IT Specialist within the C5I Infrastructure Services Division.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Provide development and administrative subject matter expertise in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM), also known as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Implement Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) Framework practices, which include Solution Engineering, Planning, Requirements Definition, Design, Development, Integration and Test, Implementation, Operations and Maintenance, and Disposition.
- Utilize expertise with Microsoft Cloud management gateway (CMG) and Azure Endpoint Manager services.
- Implement patch, software application, and operating system releases to maintain operational status of systems and continuously improve Cyber posture.
- Utilize expertise with Windows as a Service (WAAS), servicing plans, and deployment rings.
- Utilize experience with SCCM SQL database maintenance, deployment packages, builds, and scheduled advertisements.
- Conduct SCCM custom queries and reporting.
- Develop and conduct security tests to meet IAVM, DOD RMF, and NIST Special Publication requirements.
- Utilize experience with DOD Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and/or validate architecture design documentation, including Assessment and Authorization activities to meet DOD Authority to Operate requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12 or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601443300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.