GPO employees possess a diverse representation of talent in many administrative fields and trades. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. If you are an energetic, inventive individual looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career opportunity, GPO may be the place for you.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Security and Intelligent Documents, Government Publishing Office in Washington, District of Columbia
- Assisting the Head Offset Pressperson In-Charge in the set-up, adjustment, operation and maintenance multi-color presses up to 7 color offset sheet-fed presses and screen printing presses.
- Print passports, and other security and quality work according to specifications and assigning work to press crew.
- Determine status and specifications of the job(s) to be printed. Inspects press to assure it is oiled, in working order, and that all safety guards are in position.
- Inspect work and press throughout press run, making necessary adjustments. Maintains color, density, and registration during press run. Ensure required quality level is met or exceeded, while maintaining established production standard.
- Ensures all safety devices are engaged and safety procedures are followed. Direct and assists in the cleaning and securing of presses. Train sheet-fed press operations to Apprentices and Feeder Operators.
- Ensures all safety devices are engaged and safety procedures are followed. Teaches sheet-fed press operation to Apprentices, PPW Feeder Operators, and PPW Press Assistants.
- Completes time sheets, press statement, and other required documents with all required information regarding job and/or press.
- Operates PC based programs to retrieve and generate production data. Performs minor maintenance and lubricates equipment, as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601431600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.