GPO employees possess a diverse representation of talent in many administrative fields and trades. We provide other agencies with innovative services for the printing, publishing, storage, and distribution of digital content. If you are an energetic, inventive individual looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career opportunity, GPO may be the place for you.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Security and Intelligent Documents, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia.
- Conducts statistical analyses and studies on inspection and test results to determine quality trends, discrepancies, and control limits for processes and work types.
- Reviews production procedures and trends, identifies material weakness and deficiencies, researches customer related problems with the intent to diagnose the root causes of problems and develop corrective action(s).
- Insert Duties Lead in the development of SID quality assurance plans, conducts studies, performs analysis and implements corrective actions.
- Conceives, plans, and directs projects dealing with quality and process improvements; designs process controls due to new technologies and determines quality and cost relationships of the improvements and controls.
- Validates ISO operational procedures and processes for adequacy and compliance by testing, sampling, and intensive product inspection.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and reports SID Balance Scorecard and Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) metrics.
- Participates in meetings comprised of GPO and DOS managers to review quality information on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for 5S activities in the Quality department.
- Samples and inspects passports and various secure credentials at each phase of the manufacturing process using sampling inspection and intensive production inspection techniques.
- Verifies to ensure that finalized product complies with established quality requirements, prior to delivery to customer.
- Develops, installs, adopts and/or revises statistical quality control procedures, plans, programs, and systems.
- Oversees the implementation of statistical technical standards and provides advice and assistance with applying quality control methods to printing and binding processes.
- Reviews established quality and/or inspection procedures for adequacy and evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of quality inspection systems, including statistical plans.
- Analyzes data to detect unsatisfactory trends or weaknesses with the quality inspection system.
- Conducts statistical analysis of testing and inspection methods to determine recurring discrepancies. Computes and compiles results and prepares reports and charts depicting pertinent relationship using statistical methods.
- Reads, interprets, and applies technical data such as blueprints, engineering drawings, product specifications, and technical manuals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601405000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.