This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: The incumbent serves as a computer scientist, responsible for applying broad knowledge of the principles and techniques of computer science for assignments concerning the design, development, optimization, cyber security readiness, and integration of DMEA's Warfighter
Solutions, Systems, and Products.
- Serves as a senior Computer Scientist or Engineer responsible for assignments concerning the operation, design, optimization, coding, and integration of embedded micro-computers.
- Engineers or Develops solutions for weapons systems on which technology/documentation that built the system no longer exists, develops systems innovations or inserts advanced state of the art electronic and microprocessor technology.
- Responsible for a variety of design efforts that require application of software and computer engineering techniques for embedded microprocessor based systems.
- Serves as project engineer for the design and development of changes and modifications to microelectronics hardware/software resources and systems.
- Evaluates system performance against customer?s system requirements to determine feasibility of micro processing solutions.
25% or less - Business travel required 15% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601377400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.