Due to the Pandemic and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is determined by state and Federal officials that employees are allowed to report to the workplace where this position is located, on a regular basis.Learn more about this agency
The FAA’s Information Technology Service, Enterprise Program Management Service (EPMS) is responsible for a wide range of critical IT projects, which provide fundamental IT services to all of the FAA, as well as to significant safety programs and projects that directly affect the FAA’s ability to meet its mission objectives. These programs and projects span a wide range of objectives, from ensuring critical upgrades are performed to the FAA’s IT infrastructure and enterprise applications to identifying and deploying solutions to ensure safety organizations are provided with accurate and timely information.
Incumbent will be responsible for the management of projects throughout the project management lifecycle (PMLC): initiating, planning, executing, monitor and control, and closing. During this lifecycle, the project manager is responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of the critical elements of programs and projects including scope, budget, risk, and schedule. Project management duties will include:
- Use comprehensive technical knowledge to identify customers’ information systems requirements, from initiation and planning to execution and closing.
- Lead complex IT projects/programs, including application development efforts, systems upgrades and installations, technology outsourcing, IT security initiatives, etc.
- Direct and oversee a matrixed project team and efficiently identify and solve project issues (e.g. designing and conducting analytical studies, cost-benefit analyses, or other necessary research on all IT systems being procured).
- Ensure activities are completed in accordance with the project scope and within the approved schedule and budget constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership to define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment; define resources and schedule for project/program implementation, ensures systems testing strategies, plans, or scenarios are completed on schedule.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning as well as plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones for requested IT Systems.
- Ensure appropriate standard project practices and procedures are established and followed.
- Coordinate with technology system analysts on IT-specific issues that may impact a project’s success.
- Works with CORs to ensure that the activities of service providers support the PMLC and adhere to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation requirements for IT systems are developed and available to customers.
- Develop reports and presentations on the status of projects assigned.
- Analyze data from reports to recommend areas of improvement.
- Effectively communicate project information based upon the audience.
Additional duties may be assigned as required.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601362600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.