This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the "How to Apply" section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer.Learn more about this agency
Email resumes, transcripts & any other application documents to: CENAN-HR-VFAIR3@USACE.ARMY.MIL
- As the Engineering Technician working in the Albany Field Office, Inland Navigation Unit in Troy, New York, you will:
- Utilize MicroStation and CADD software to support engineers and architects by providing technical design assistance and drawing production.
- Perform quality control review of generated products, archives files, and maintains documentation.
- Prepare project plans and specifications for the maintenance and repair of facilities and other infrastructure and maintenance dredging of federal navigation channels.
- Utilize GIS software to create, query, map, and analyze raster data and perform integrated vector-raster analyses to explore solutions.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases and software to create surface maps and two-and three-dimensional surface models and maps.
- Perform project condition hydrographic surveys, reconnaissance surveys and dredging surveys.
- Utilize computerized drafting and design (CADD) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to provide support in the development of maps, plots, engineering drawings, etc. for a wide range of projects.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and various federal and state agencies concerning map/chart information.
- Assist with the development of environmental assessments, public notices and cost estimates.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601359800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.