About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position directly supports JBLM NEC Cybersecurity Division, mandates, roles, responsibilities, and procedures for the implementation of the Army Cybersecurity Program, consistent with today's technological advancements for achieving acceptable levels of security in engineering implementation, operation, and maintenance for Information Systems (IS) connecting to or crossing any U.S. Army managed network or system.
- Assess the security posture of classified and unclassified Information Systems (ISs) using a variety of automated tools.
- Perform analysis to determine root causes of vulnerabilities and best methodology to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Prepare status reports for senior management; function as a System Administrator (SA) and/or Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for ISs that host Cybersecurity tools.
- Support development of secure computer baselines by assessing baselines for required security settings and configurations.
- Keep patch and remediation systems and tools up-to-date with the latest system releases and approved updates.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides direct customer support to help resolve connectivity issues that cannot be resolved through automated means.
- Perform Forensics analysis resulting from Cybersecurity violations, unexplained IS performance anomalies and incidents, and classified data spills as necessary.
- Lead or participate in on-site surveys and/or review program information to determine status of the functions and adequacy and quality of services.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601354900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.