Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE Facilities Management & Security Services (FMSS)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Receives, screens, and answers routine telephone calls and provides receptionist services to visitors.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains files of correspondence, manuals, and other related information, in accordance with IRS regulatory policies and guidance. Compiles records of organizational and workflow charts ,staffing levels, mission and function statements.
- Reviews all incoming mail and correspondence to determine proper action; and, as appropriate, prepares written responses. Determines deadlines for correspondence needing suspense dates; logs, and maintains correspondence and action item suspense data. Follows-up on suspense dates to ensure timely reply to suspense items, as well as matters resulting from meetings and conferences.
- Maintains a wide variety of administrative records and controls. Prepares and maintains regular production/inventory reports using establish formats and sources of data applicable to the program.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence, reports and other documents for proper format, grammar, punctuation, and mathematical correctness. Corrects and removes typographical/grammatical errors. Computes or verifies the accuracy of standard work measurement data. Reviews performance and management indicator reports, suggestions for program improvements, and other similar management and program analysis documents. Explains reporting procedures and requirements to operating officials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601301600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.