The individual serves as a Economist, GS-0110-11/12/13/14, in the Office of Economics (OE). One or more positions may be filled through this announcement. This announcement may not be open for the full open period shown above. It will close when 100 applications have been received.Learn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNDER MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES. PLEASE SEE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT STB-21-CM-11087571-ST.
You will serve as an Economist in the Office of Economics (OE), and in this capacity, you will:
- Serve as a staff economist with proficiency in econometric and quantitative techniques.-
- Work with econometric and statistical techniques such as predictive modeling,empirical cost models (for e.g. activity-based costing), event study analysis using time series, cross sectional, panel and transactional data.
- Study the economics and public policy challenges facing network industries.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that evaluate a wide range of complex issues related to the economic regulation of the rail industry and other segments of the transportation industry subject to Board regulation.
- Plan and execute economic studies on a variety of topics, including transportation costing, infrastructure investment studies, and economic impact studies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601277500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.