The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
See “Other Information” for Locations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Management and Program Analyst you will serve as a staff analyst, evaluator, and advisor to management. In this position, you will be responsible for planning, analyzing, evaluating, and improving the effectiveness of administrative operations and operating programs.
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICE DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission. HCO develops and implements technology-enabled systems to improve human capital planning and management and to empower employees to achieve their potential.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Develop and interpret guidance on program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Prepare directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, legislative proposals, and other written guidelines to introduce new initiatives.
- Recommend effective operations consistent with policies and objectives.
- Develop long-range program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones.
- Identify ways to resolve or address issues which directly affect the accomplishment of principal program goals and objectives.
- Research new or improved business and management practices for application to operating and administrative programs.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 NIGHTS/MONTH
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601270900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.