The position is located in the End User Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), The incumbent performs a combination of duties; phone support, desk-side technical support, and bench-top diagnosis and repair. The primary duties and responsibilities include resolving customer related software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
"OPM Cyber Code -411 - Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events." For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: NotAvailable
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD 17041A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, regularly moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Develops and maintains accurate and timely entries in the approved VA problem tracking and resolution databases.
- Plans and delivers technical support including troubleshooting, installation, removal, moves, system knowledge assistance/training in response to customer requirements.
- Evaluates usage patterns and incorporates customer feedback into recommendations for improving the functionality or performance of a given system.
- Manages the movement and installation of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service.
- Utilizes experience, discretion, judgment and knowledge in the planning, execution, operation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Documents solutions to problems and recommends fundamental changes to system configurations to prevent recurrences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601256200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.