This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Platforms Support, serving as a working Supervisor under a Division Chief with supervisory duties associated within Servers & Operating Systems.Learn more about this agency
The first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
641 System Requirements Planner
451 System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD10056A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. There are no special physical demands for this position.Major Duties:
- Directs and manages technical teams in the daily operations and maintenance of systems and infrastructure.
- Provide support, management, implements, and optimizes Server Hardware, Operating Systems, ESXi, Hyper-V systems and processes, and Windows/Unix/Linux Enterprise Systems.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is developed to substantiate plans and procurements, and to ensure usability and effectiveness of processes and technology once implemented.
- Facilitates the effective exchange of information between stakeholders at all levels by sponsoring regular meetings, teleconferences and coordinating sessions to ensure all critical parties are informed and involved in decision making activities and maintenance events.
- Undertakes region enterprise operations and infrastructure-level assignments of a special or critical nature; evaluates the impact of changes in business needs, evaluates feasibility, identifies solutions, and presents recommendations to Division Chief.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601230600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.