PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
Serve as a Supervisory IT Specialist in the Bureau of Fiscal Service (FS), Information & Security Services (ISS), Service Operations Division (SOD), Operations Branch (OB), primarily responsible for support of Mainframe, Cybersecurity, integrated Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Internet/Intranet hardware, software, and communications systems.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (CUSTSPT/NETWORK) (Section Supervisor), you will:
- Supervise a team of up to 3 Lead technical staff GS-2210-12 IT Specialists and up to 9 GS-2210-11 IT Specialists, responsible to provide day-to-day support to the leads and the team, responsible for assuring that work assignments of the team are carried out according to management instructions regarding priorities, deadlines, and quality.
- Exercise delegated authority to oversee the overall planning, direction, and timely execution of the overall operations of the team.
- Establish program goals and objectives and develop and approve multiyear and long-range work plans and policies, as well as manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the Branch’s goals and objectives. Develop and implement policy, procedures, and standards for the program. Provide expert analysis and develop solutions to solve issues and problems associated with the program overseen.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance, assistance, direction and advice for issues/problems that arise during shifts.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of problems and issues encountered, particularly when controversial actions may result.
Occasional travel - rare, 1-2 times per year.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601223100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.