This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Financial Services Center (FSC), Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT). The FMBT is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management. This position is located within the Financial Services Center (FSC), in the appropriate pillar within Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT). The incumbent will serve as an Information Technology Project Manager.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work role:
802 - IT Project Manager
801 - Program Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: Yes as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Project Manager/PD18106A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Perform a wide variety of mid-level duties connected to management, coordination and execution of critical development activities.
- Manage multiple complex integrated IT projects including planning, monitoring, testing, and supporting a series of complex enterprise-wide IT systems related projects to deliver capabilities to meet business value objectives within cost, schedule, and cost parameters.
- Responsible for planning, managing and controlling projects throughout their lifecycle.
- Using structured project management tools and other techniques to implement iterative, agile, waterfall or similar information technology life-cycle methodologies.
- Using project management software to set up project timelines and resources, track the progress of project work and monitor staff performance.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601221400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.