Located in the Architecture and Engineering Service (AES), Demand Management Division (DMD), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), (OIT) and serves as Data Architect. The incumbent is responsible for development of major data architecture functions of the Enterprise Architecture program, coordinating the development of program elements that facilitate the integration of all segments into a single VA Enterprise Architecture (EA) for submission to OMB and use throughout VA.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - 422 - Data Analyst
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (DATAMGT)/ PD17713A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. The work may require the incumbent to carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Facilitates and/or leads technical innovation activities within assigned program elements and functional areas, identifying future technologies that could be used within these areas, analyzing those technologies for applicability within these areas, and developing reports for executive leadership documenting findings.
- Communicates and advocates for the VA Enterprise Architecture and subordinate segment and solution architectures within assigned functional areas and throughout external stakeholder organizations.
- Develops strategies for managing traditional data assets to include data management initiatives and benchmarks and links data management strategy components to related VA Enterprise Architecture components.
- In collaboration with the AES team and functional experts, is responsible for driving the identification, articulation and achievement of enterprise mission and functional area objectives through the establishment of enterprise architecture and engineering guidance, artifacts and services.
- Determines the role of data management and data architecture in enabling the achievement of VA enterprise mission objectives.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601197200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.