This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Plains Area, National Bio and Agro Defense Facility in Manhattan, KS.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent works as a research scientist for the "Countermeasures to Control and Eradicate Foreign Animal Diseases of Swine" Project Plan and provides leadership in selecting the research path for studies on swine viral pathogens.
- Identify, propose and perform independent and collaborative research to best achieve the research objectives.
- Provides unique leadership and research skills to contribute to the identification, description and characterization of the effects of foreign animal diseases in livestock.
- Develop molecular, clinical and post-mortem techniques to understand virus-host interactions.
- Develop methods or therapies to minimize or avoid infection and disease.
- Organize research, establishing research priorities, furnishing leadership in planning research projects.
- Supervising execution of research, review research in progress, evaluate completed research, lead discussions on the interpretation of results, and report and publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals the progress of research.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601185500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.