You will serve as a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (INFORMATION SECURITY) responsible for the administrative and technical supervision of Information Assurance in the Cybersecurity Branch of Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport, Rhode Island.Learn more about this agency
The salary range shown above represents all of the positions within the band including high grade positions. This is not a high grade position; therefore, the salary may be limited to a GS13, Step 10; currently $133,382.
- You will provide expert technical Cyber Security guidance and Information Assurance support for the Division technical and support departments, information system vulnerability management for all Command information systems and networks.
- You will provide expert oversight and resource management of cybersecurity operations to include the establishment and management of the NUWCDIVNPT Cybersecurity Operations Center.
- You will act as a subject matter expert in Certification and Accreditation (C and A) and vulnerability management; and as a technical consultant for issues relating to the execution of Information Assurance and cybersecurity tasking.
- You will develop specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts conform with security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environmental level.
- You will be is responsible for leading the staffing of cybersecurity tasking as well as performing needs analysis to determine resource gaps and opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
- You will exercise direct supervision and control over civilian staff consisting of professional, administrative, technical, and support personnel.
- You will identify training and development needs, and plans accordingly.
- You will be responsible for establishing and administering a forward-looking Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA) Program.
- You will contribute to the overall performance of NUWCDIVNPT information and cyber security approach to data, systems and networks to incorporate configuration management solutions.
- You will provide an accurate technical evaluation of the software application, system, or network, documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against relevant cybersecurity compliances.
- You will recommend new or revised security, resilience, and dependability measures based on the results of reviews.
- You will review authorization and assurance documents to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system, and network.
- You will verify that application software/network/system security postures are implemented as stated, documented deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations.
- You will verify that the software application/network/system accreditation and assurance documentation in current.
- You will mentor and hear/resolve complaints from subordinates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601182900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.