The incumbent applies initiative and judgment in developing, evaluating, improving, and communicating status regarding policy and planning efforts of SDM functions and initiatives which cut across OIT activities and significantly impact programs, procedures, and operations.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work role:
801 - Program Manger
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Program Analyst/PD185330 and PD185320
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary but may require some physical effort, such as standing, walking, bending, or sitting. The work may require long hours to meet deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected managerial or program crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed, and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Provide management analysis to enable effective workflow and management of all SDM functions.
- Analyze communications on the most controversial, politically sensitive, complex matters to assure conformance with executive policy.
- Serve as a coordinator and representative for key management officials for organizational personnel and program management functions of high complexity.
- Perform comprehensive program analysis and evaluation, taking into consideration factors such as cost effectiveness, attainment of program goals and objectives, and compliance with pertinent legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Analyze and evaluate new or modified legislation for projected impact upon major programs and resources.
- Analyze and evaluate, on a quantitative and/or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals, measures, and objectives.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601169500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.