This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), Agile Center of Excellence (ACOE).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code 801 - Program Manager #1
OPM Cyber Code 802 - IT Project Manager #2
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: IsAvailable
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Project Manager/PD20015A and PD20016A
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- Provides ongoing optimization and problem-solving support and recommendations for possible information system improvements, upgrades, and process automation.
- Participates in the evaluation and assessment of project data and analysis of processes associated with government developed software and/or COTS software applications.
- Participate in team efforts identifying information system requirements.
- Assists with developing effective responsibility for establishing work objectives, setting priorities, assigning tasks, coordination, monitoring work progress, and initiating corrective actions as required ensure that work assigned is accomplished effectively and on schedule.
- Modifies, or upgrades information systems to meet customer needs while supporting the VA's mission.
25% or less - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601168100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.