This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development Operations (DevOps) Division Information Assurance (IA) Office. The DevOps IA oversees and directs VA-wide information security compliance requirements. This position provides support to IT security processes that support the direction of compliance requirements, the data collection and reporting of compliance details, as well as the support drafting of short term and long-range operational plansLearn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 722 - Information Systems Security Manager - Cybersecurity Management #1
- 612 - Security Control Assessor - Risk Management #2
- 461 - Systems Security Analyst - Systems Analysis #3
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: NotAvailable
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC)/PD17471A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Duties may require lifting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors, printers and laptops.
- Conducts independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the
controls (as defined in NIST SP 800-37).
- Applies organizational and management analysis theories, concepts, principles and techniques in the planning, policy development, technical direction, staff supervision, execution, implementation, and compliance of NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP, and OIT policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts of the group, and consolidates findings into a completed project suitable for presentation to senior executive leadership.
- Supervises subordinate staff; serve on a program and/or project management role; and
promote team building and consensus building skills with colleagues, managers, subordinates, contractors, and vendors.
- Oversees the daily operation of the unit, ensures that agency policies and priorities are being followed; develops performance standards; and evaluates work performance of subordinates.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601163300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.