The incumbent serves as a IT Specialist (INFOSEC) within the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS). The incumbent plans, develops, implements and maintains programs, policies, and procedures to promote the standardization of Mobile Technology and Endpoint Security Engineering (MTESE) technologies as they relate to the current security requirements practiced within the Solution Delivery.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is non-bargaining.
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code-722- Information Technology (INFOSEC)
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00 am -4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Available, discretion of management
Virtual: This is a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)/ PD17167A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary. May require standing, walking, bending or sitting.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain programs, policies, and procedures to promote the standardization of MTESE technologies as they relate to the current security requirements practiced within SD.
- Provides guidance and coordination regarding Endpoint Engineering security initiatives, including the facilitation of collaboration with organization entities within and outside of SD.
- Responsible for building endpoint solutions that will be deployed, integrated and used throughout the enterprise.
- Evaluates new security authentication technologies such as public key infrastructure certificates, secure cards and biometrics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish the enterprise continuity of operations program, strategy, and mission assurance.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601146300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.