This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Office of Information Security (OIS), Office of Cyber Security, Office of Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy (OCSP) Cybersecurity Technology & Metrics (CT&M). The Office of Cybersecurity Policy and Strategy oversees and directs Department-wide information security compliance requirements.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles: "OPM Cyber Code Cybersecurity Code 461 - Cyber Security Analyst - Work in this category includes performing OPM GDS Cybersecurity Category / Specialty Area: Systems Security Analyst tasks, as defined by the NIST SP 800-181 National Cyberskills Workforce Framework (NCWF). Responsible for the analysis and development of the integration, testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security."
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Infosec) / 17579A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. May carry light items such as paper, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Provides support and assistance with the planning, designing, analyzing, documenting and overseeing the departments Cybersecurity Metrics program.
- Performs IT management activities such as strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development, resource management, knowledge management, architecture and infrastructure planning and management, auditing, and information security management.
- Leads efforts to establish cybersecurity metrics to measure and evaluate systems performance and total cost of ownership.
- Create, fine-tune, and compiling metrics for security devices, along with maintaining documentation for security related processes and procedures.
- Provides metric data to the OCS Executive Dashboard that is used to provide insight to senior executives on the effectiveness of the Cybersecurity program.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601116800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.