This position is located in the Department if Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, CG C5I Service Center in Alexandria, VA, or Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Security Specialist (Cyber), responsible for the cybersecurity of a program, organization, system, or enclave.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Advising senior management (e.g., Chief, Information Officer (CIO) on risk levels and security posture.
- Evaluating cost/benefit, economic and risk analysis in the decision-making process.
- Interpreting patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enterprise's cybersecurity program.
- Supervising or managing protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals.
- Ensuring that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Acting as security policy advisor and the primary technical authority for all security issues to the command for the assigned location.
- Advising top level managers on new developments and advances in security techniques.
- Conducting inspections of sub-organizations that maintain classified information, checking for the physical and destruction of materials.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601115800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.