THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) (TITLE 5), D5210100 and is part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) (TITLE 5), GS-2210-11, this position is located in an information management organization. The purpose is to ensure compliance for information assurance throughout the Wing.
1. Receives and reviews written guidance from a variety of Department of Defense (DoD), federal and state investigative and enforcement agencies and interprets for impact to the unit. Advises the commander on policy updates and changes. Implements and enforces established policy and guidance at the unit level. Coordinates with Wing Information Assurance Officer to ensure compliance and accreditation.
2. Directs actions required to prevent and/or correct information assurance deficiencies and violations. Exercises authority for denial of computer access and coordinates re-establishment of service.
3. Assures compliance with security policy for external connections to DoD networks and assures compliance with the national policies. Works with the System Security Manager to develop procedures to protect network information. Monitors all external network connections as necessary. Identifies and reports violations of system security. Administers firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) and monitors unauthorized access. Implements virus protection plan.
4. Evaluates the effectiveness of systems, devices, procedures, and methods used to safeguard information in computer accessible media and ensures correction of all deficiencies on systems containing applicable security technologies.
5. Reviews/tests/updates continuity of operations plans (COOPS) and Security SOP's and actively participates in accreditation/reaccredidation processes.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialists at the bottom of the announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601097800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.