This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Transport Services Branch (TSB), Network Section (NET) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Computer Engineer (CYBER) and be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating cybersecurity related information systems throughout the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Perform duties required as a Computer Engineer (CYBER) to transition the National Security Cutters (NSC) from acquisition into C5ISC support /sustainment
- Analyze design constraints, analyze trade-offs and detailed system and security design, and consider life cycle support
- Develop and direct system testing and validation procedures and documentation
- Develop architectures or system components consistent with technical specifications
- Design and develop cybersecurity or cybersecurity-enabled products
- Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for communication protocols that are not interoperable)
- Works with senior level staff member to assist in the development and review of sensitive information including pre-decisional and/or embargoed IT budget, workforce, and organizational changes pertaining to program system development and operations
- Design hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address requirements
- Provide guidelines for implementing developed systems to customers or installation teams
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12 or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601059500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.