This position is located in Field Operations Directorate, Office of Field Operations, District 33, Houston TX Field Office.
Every day, our Immigration Services Officers (ASC) conduct effective operations by establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the contract ASC Site Supervisor to manage local scheduling, collect and submit workload and performance data.Learn more about this agency
- The responsibilities described are for the GS-12 full performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
- Conduct effective operations by establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with the contract Application Support Center(ASC) Site Supervisor to manage local scheduling, collect and submit workload and performance data.
- Correct improper technical performance by providing instruction on the correct procedure to the contract ASC Site Supervisor.
- Verify applicants identity, reconcile identity and biographical differences in notification letters, identify and approve changes in applicant biographical data, and approve and process fingerprint waivers.
- Research, interpret and apply appropriate statutes, regulations and precedent decisions to make adjudicative decisions on complex and highly sensitive applications and petitions for immigration benefits.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601041000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.