You will serve as a General Engineer (CYBER) in the Automation and Control Research and Development Branch (321), Machinery, Research and Silencing Division (32), Machinery Research, Logistics and Ship Integrity Department (30) of Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWC PHILA DIV).Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as one of the recognized technical authorities for the organization in applying advanced cybersecurity engineering/science concepts, principles, and processes for various programs/projects.
- You will manage, coordinate, direct, and oversee critical operational and integration systems engineering efforts to establish, maintain, and/or improve information systems, their hardware and software applications.
- You will provide expertise and advice concerning the technical specialty or field to a variety of audiences.
- You will coordinate with management and technical personnel to provide specialized technical advice applicable to the project/program development.
- You will perform development and/or investigative work impacting the command and Navy goals and objectives for secure Naval control systems.
- You will conduct analysis to determine specific technical projects/programs goals, make decisions on tradeoffs and compromises, and selects best approach for accomplishing new requirements or resolving technical problems.
- You will develop plan of action to include tasks, manpower and financial requirements, milestone schedule and required coordination with other organization and activities.
- You will prepare and present progress reports and other documentation to describe results, conclusions and recommending courses of action for change in ventures and for promising innovations which may merit further work.
- You will conduct investigations to develop further understanding of unproven concepts or phenomena.
- You will develop new analytical and simulation models, mathematical algorithms and formulations to assess capabilities and performance requirements.
- You will develop presentations and technical reports/papers describing objectives, procedures, and results of the new or improved developments, concepts, techniques, equipment, or systems.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601028200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.