This position is located in the Seattle Regional Office of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The employee will serve as the Assistant Regional Administrator for Administrative Programs and has responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and implementing region-wide programs.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
The major duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises an administrative staff charged with responsibility for ensuring that regional programs and initiatives are aligned with Agency strategic goals.
- Plans and develops regional strategic goals and objectives, and manages the development of the regional Operating Plan.
- Directs the regional Performance Management Program and plans and manages the incentive awards program.
- Serves as the principal advisor for the development of annual performance standards annual appraisals of Regional Managers performance.
- Directs the planning, development, submission, and execution of the regional operational budget and reviews/analyzes regional financial reports on program activities and proposed program or budget changes.
- Directs regional grants financial activities and initiatives; oversees the advising of OSHA grantees on accounting systems, operational accounting problems, budgeting, and grants management administration.
- Manages the Region's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act activities.
- Directs the Region's records and filing system, ensuring compliance with the established records retention and disposition schedules.
- Plans, develops, and implements the regional management analysis program and serves as the principal advisor on management issues, human resources utilization, workforce planning, and organizational development.
- Directs, reviews, and approves the need for business office services, including space acquisition and management, requisition of utilities, procurement of equipment, property accountability, requisition of supplies, mail, and files, reproduction services, publications, General Services Administration (GSA) vehicles, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages a property management system for the Region, ensuring inventory control of all equipment.
- Provides advice and assistance on human resources management issues including labor-management relations, adverse actions, personnel structure, recruitment, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Directs the regional Audit Program which conducts comprehensive team audits and special statistical studies of area offices.
- Manages the Medical Examination Program in the Region and directs the OSHA regional Drug Program.
Occasional travel - may be required.
14 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601021900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.