This is an interdisciplinary position that will be filled either as a Civil Engineer or an Agricultural Engineer. The final official title will be assigned based on the qualifications of the incumbent.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates and supervises the planning, design, and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showing, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Directs the quality assurance program and supervises the government technicians and/or inspectors.
- Performs other duties related to construction contract compliance, including, invoice verification, plan estimate and contract modification.
- Serves as or directs the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Directs and performs site investigations and feasibility studies; field checks and field construction checks for conservation practice installations.
- Recommends changes in designs, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials, or to expedite construction.
- Coordinates and conducts necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area or state.
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel in the area of all engineering practices and in the use and care of engineering equipment.
- Enlists the aid of appropriate specialist in conducting training when necessary. Serves as training location leader for newly hired NRCS engineers and technicians.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601001000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.