This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Crow Agency in Crow Agency, Montana.
Serves as the Fire Management Officer of Crow Agency. Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates an integrated fire management program to achieve resource management objectives.Learn more about this agency
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. 1st certificate will be issued after 5/21/2021. Then next subsequent cut-off date will be 10 working days thereafter as needed.
- The Fire Management Officer will lead and manage all operational fire, prescribed fire and fuels, fire ecology, fire information, planning and administration.
- Ensures that the fire management program is in compliance with environmental laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops and reviews fire prevention plans.
- Ensure that all phases of fire management planning are completed.
- Monitors fire season severity predictions, fire behavior and fire activity levels and takes appropriate action.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600998000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.