This position is in the Office of Information Security (OIS), Executive Director, Information Security Policy & Strategy, Director, of Enterprise Cybersecurity Architecture (ESA) where the incumbent serves as Security Architect. The Security Architect, the person in this role will provide security architecture and contract management support for ESA contracts and other ESA efforts in support of the design, development, integration, and implementation.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code 652 - Security Architect - Systems Architecture #1
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: NotAvailable
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC)/PD17872A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required in that the incumbent lifts and carries reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort. Occasional travel is required to attend meetings, conferences and specialized technical training.
- Coordinates and integrates project tasks, milestones, and activities into a project plan and schedule.
- Oversees the requirements planning, procurement, design, modification, integration, testing, and deployment of the IT system. Implements and manages the project plans to meet project objectives using Agile and other Project Management methodologies as necessary.
- Defines and resolve problems, discrepancies, conflicts, and advises management officials on matters relating to application development budgets, plans, policies, technical training, and other management activities/issues.
- Decides what needs to be done based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignment and selects the appropriate courses of action from many acceptable alternatives
- Possesses knowledge of available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600988600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.