This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Serices Division (ESD), Application Services Branch (APP), Application Engineering Section (ENG), Kearneysville WV, Portsmouth, VA, Alexandria, VALearn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for directly managing information technology projects.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Lead and oversee budget, staffing, and contracting
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
- Ensure that supply chain, system, network, performance, and cybersecurity requirements are included in contract language and delivered
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600977700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.