Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 11112066.Learn more about this agency
Please read this announcement in its entirety before beginning the application process to ensure you submit all the required documents. See Required Document sections in this announcement before applying.
Please read the application questionnaire before applying:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11112066.
Federal Resume, Please READ https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) will be used to fill one (1) full-time and permanent Medical Records Administration Specialist vacancy at the Louisville, KY Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), with Business Office Service.
This position is located in the Health Information Management (HIM) Section of Business Office at the Robley Rex VA Medical Center. Medical Records Administration Specialist (MRAS) in VHA perform work concerned with the management of a health record program or the provision of services related to medical record administration/health information services. MRASs manage, preserve, analyze, and supervise the use of diagnostic and therapeutic health records/health information management. They develop policies and procedures and provide advice on the use of health records and health information management.
- Responsible for generating, analyzing, and presenting multiple HIM reports.
- Participate in various health record review activities to ensure the integrity of the health record according to established policies.
- Monitor health record data integrity per established policies, procedures, and industry standards.
- Prepare workload and production reports and monitor trends to identify efficiencies and deviations.
- Participates in various facility and regional committees requiring health information management subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for generating and analyzing multiple HIM reports and identifying best practices or opportunities for improvement.
- Perform workflow analyses, recommend process improvements, and implement changes to improve the productivity and quality controls of the HIM department.
- Monitor reports, trends, and health record data integrity according to established policies, procedures, and industry standards.
- Participate in various facility and regional committees requiring health information management subject matter expertise.
- Perform data mining; complex data analysis; and interpret and transform data into accurate, consistent, and timely information in support of the business and operational needs of the HIM department and the organization.
- Present findings and recommendations to the Chief of HIM (CHIM) and facility leadership.
- Designs and performs quality improvement projects related to health information management to identify and recommend ways of eliminating, combining, simplifying or improving procedures and processes.
- Compile diagnostic, procedural, and statistical data, and present reports locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Exhibits broad organizational knowledge, communicates and provides training and education to individuals and groups, at multiple levels, both internal and external to the facility.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Records Administration Specialist/PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600951700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.