These positions are located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Infrastructure Implementation & Design (IID) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Review or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects
- Review service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion when assisting with IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
- Monitors and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, 12 or 13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600940900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.