The position is located within the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Development, Security, and Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The purpose of the position is to serve as an IT Specialist for the ESD and provide IT support for all IT infrastructures, applications, and VA-wide hardware and software that ultimately affect the plans, goals, and effectiveness of VA nationwide.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selection official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
461 - Systems Security Analyst/NCWF
411 - Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position (must report to a VA Facility)
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Systems Analysis/Customer Support)/ PD14242A and PD14242A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Provides advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT issues that encompass one or more IT specialties such as software development, systems analysis, security, information assurance, software testing, network services, data management and systems administration.
- Ensures Enterprise Service Desk directives, handbooks, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and knowledge documents are updated and maintained with current contacts, process and procedures.
- Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events. Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Administer accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment. Skill in using the appropriate tools for repairing software, hardware, and peripheral equipment of a system.
- Maintains current knowledge on procedures, policies, directives, etc. to answer questions, using judgment in determining when major problems or issues require supervisory decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for up to 5%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600920000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.