About the Position: This position serves as a Regional Technical Expert in the Portland District, Engineering and Construction Division, Mechanical Design Section. The Section provides a broad range of mechanical services in support of USACE civil works missions.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a senior engineer, responsible for mechanical design, analysis, and technical reviews of large civil works projects.
- Act as authoritative technical guide for mechanical design issues and emergencies.
- Provide expertise in most of the following areas: hoisting system design, fish facility design, materials, self-lubricated bearings, pumps, outlet works mechanical design, and field inspection/assessment.
- Advise section and branch leadership on technical policy and criteria.
- Participate in regional technical exchange meetings.
- Assist with scoping of design efforts.
- Serve as Agency Technical Review (ATR) reviewer.
- Serve as a lead mechanical engineer on regional design efforts.
25% or less - Temporary duty travel upto 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600898800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.