This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), Infrastructure Operations, Information and Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS), COTS Interface Division and serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas in support of the Division including technical assistance relatively to health, software and business application support as well as business focused services.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code-451-System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30m
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD17116A and PD17117A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds} computer components and
supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Creates and maintains documentation on IT systems and infrastructures.
- Participates in network and systems designs to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security or information assurance policies, principles and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Manages the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates and enhancements.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems for a wide variety of IT applications, operating systems, proposals and equipment.
- Serves as liaison between Vendor, Interface Development and Support Group, and other IT Specialists. Attends and provides reports to team members and/or immediate supervisor on vendor presentations.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600884100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.