- Who may apply: Who may apply: Current, permanent DFAS employees in the competitive service, eligible DoD PPP Military Spouse preference applicants and current DFAS VRA employees.
- Position is located in Info & Tech Directorate, Payroll Services, Travel Systems, ZTBDD.
- View pay rates at OPM pay tables https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
- This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Defines and validates the need for proposed new or improved systems through consultation with program officials in customer program organizations.
- Serves as the primary liaison or project manager with internal and external customers on information technology development matters and/or systems performance metrics.
- Conducts detailed analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed and defines information technology solutions and alternatives to enable changes and improvements.
- Consults with customers to develop and refine functional requirements and translates functional requirements into design specifications. Conducts feasibility studies and trade-off analyses. Develops project milestones and schedules.
- Determines best approaches for systems implementation within the technical environment, and works with applications developers to isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
- Independently provides formal and/or informal instruction to users regarding complex systems issues, features, etc. Develops user manuals or instructions for assigned applications. Provides customer assistance to current and potential users.
Occasional travel - Occasional.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600872300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.