The incumbent serve as a senior advisor for public health policy, planning, and evaluation activities in an organizational unit: (1) acts as a senior advisor to an organization's leadership team on matters related to the strategic direction of the organization; (2) provide leadership and direction for the development and maintenance of initiatives to advance the mission on issues related to public health.Learn more about this agency
As a Public Health Analyst (Policy) you will:
- Responsible for the development of all visible and influential statements regarding public health program policy, goals, and direction (including the development of new budget initiatives).
- Perform independent public health policy research, and or public health policy evaluation, as well as other programmatic activities to further organization's goals and objectives.
- Develop reports that reflect an in-depth analysis and interpretation of policy matters involving relevant public health issues.
- Develop policy guidance documents. Facilitates communication and coordination among all relevant parties and assures consistency, accuracy, and quality of policy related program efforts; write new internal and external policies or recommendations based on changes in legislation, executive directives, Departmental issuances; recommend program and policy changes based on new or revised legislative authority.
- Prepare issue and decision papers related to planning and evaluation to be used in the briefings of a variety of officials, including White House staff, OMB officials, and Congressional staff.
Occasional travel - 5% Domestic - As required by the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600785800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.