This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform research, development, test and evaluation (RDT/E) and modeling and simulation (M/S) of offensive hypersonic Missile Boost-Glide, Missile Boost-Cruise, and Gun/Munitions/Projectile weapon systems.
- You will perform RDT/E and M/S of defensive hypersonic Missile Sea-Based, Missile Shore-Based, and Gun/Munition/Projectile weapon systems.
- You will perform high fidelity thermal response, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis on complex flight geometries to assist in the evaluation of design concepts.
- You will assess boundary layer transition and its effect on flight performance
- You will conduct M/S of the hypersonic aerothermal environment and the structural response of the flight body.
- You will work with flight performance teams, make predictions for flight and ground testing, and determine flight vehicle survivability.
- You will develop and design instrumentation to support ground and flight testing.
- You will work with engineers across Dahlgren, external organizations, and contractors to evaluate hardware designs, materials, and configurations, as make design recommendations.
- You will conduct research, development, and application of thermal protection systems, and the evaluation and validation of designs and models through both ground and flight testing.
- You will propose and shape various research efforts in offensive and defensive hypersonic technology and M/S.
- You will interface with systems engineering, technical experts, configuration management, and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solution.
- You will provide subject matter expertise in your assigned technical area(s).
- You will develop technical reports, briefings, and conference papers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600701100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.