This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Collaboration Operations Sec (CUSSTP).
- Develops and implements systems diagnostic and maintenance tools to ensure the availability and functionality of systems required to support organizational objectives.
- Develops procedures for responding to new threats to systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Controls current versions and future releases of application software, and documents the physical configuration of information systems.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of system administration services.
- Identifies and mitigates security vulnerabilities and risks.
- Cloud computing and virtualization, systems integration, performance tuning, evaluation methods and procedures, and project management principles to maintain, plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment in a server environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600689600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.