THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a POLICE OFFICER (Title 32), Position Description Number D2155000 and is part of the IL 183 WG, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement. Initial cutoff will be 20 August 2021. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date until the position is filled.
As a POLICE OFFICER (Title 32), GS-0083-6, you will protect Federal property from hazards such as sabotage, espionage, trespass, theft, fire, and accident or willful damage and destruction. To maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within the jurisdiction of the military installation.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Apprehend and detain violators of laws, rules, and regulations and turn them over to the Federal or civil police or other law enforcement officers for arrest and/or posting of collateral.
- Perform specialized techniques, methods, and procedures to execute search and apprehension; counter terrorist operations; or counter violence posing a threat to public safety.
- Advise suspects of their rights.
- Detect and eliminate threats to the restricted area; and, detain and apprehend violators.
- Receive and record radio, telephone, and personal messages and instructions involving emergencies, complaints, violations, accidents, and requests for information and assistance.
- Receive, record, and secure confiscated items and evidence.
- Interview witnesses and suspects to obtain and verify information.
- Maintain records and prepare reports covering activities and events occurring over the course of a shift.
- Perform and enforce the full range of security forces duties within the military installation.
- Respond to calls for emergency assistance to include active shooter, suspicious persons, catastrophic events, scenes of crimes/natural disasters and enemy attacks, and makes apprehensions.
- Enforce pertinent administrative rules and regulations governing traffic control, parking, building, or other facility access, and breaches in physical security controls (locks, fences, gates, or other barriers).
- Escort persons and valuables; drive emergency vehicles; detect and report potential fire and accident hazards; make preliminary checks of violations; and, prepare reports of incidents or security conditions.
- Monitor the locations of all posts, alarm systems, closed circuit television systems and telephone/radio networks.
- Defend installation personnel, equipment, and resources from hostile ground attack.
- Verify credentials to ensure only authorized personnel, vehicles, and equipment items are permitted in these areas and validates each person's need to access the area.
- Operate, monitor, and assess sensor systems for the area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600665400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.