At NCUA, differences make a difference. We value diversity of perspectives and backgrounds and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where employees can contribute to their fullest potential.Learn more about this agency
Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
To learn more about the NCUA's history, structure, and diversity please click on the following links:
This position is located in the National Credit Union Administration, Office of the Executive Director (OED). The NCUA is seeking an executive to serve as the Director of Financial Technology and Access. The Director of Financial Technology and Access leads and oversees efforts related to the use of financial technology and innovation (FinTech) to expand financial inclusion and foster consumer access to equitable and affordable financial services products.
As the Director of Financial Technology and Access, you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor to the NCUA Board and the Executive Director on agency policy with respect to FinTech, and FinTech developments and transformation initiatives in the financial services sector, including cryptocurrency, blockchain, and distributed ledger technology.
- In coordination with the Office of External Affairs and Communication and other applicable NCUA offices, and consistent with established agency protocols, represent the NCUA in meetings and conferences involving high level officials from other Federal agencies, business and industry executives, members of Congress, and high-level representatives of private sector groups on FinTech issues.
- Develop FinTech initiatives that promote the development and effective deployment of these technologies and innovations in the credit union system, especially those that can expand financial inclusion.
- In coordination with applicable NCUA offices and consistent with established delegations of authority and agency protocols, formulate, develop, coordinate, and implement agency policies and procedures regarding FinTech and equitable and affordable consumer access.
- Explore ways to improve the NCUA's operations and make the examination and supervision process more virtual through the use of technology, data, and new related techniques and approaches.
- Partner and coordinate with the Office of Examination and Insurance, the Office of Consumer Financial Protection, and other applicable NCUA offices to support the integration of FinTech related supervisory approaches and improvements into NCUA's examination and supervision program. This includes helping to identify and design approaches and techniques to address compliance with applicable laws and regulations and financial and operational risks (including cybersecurity) associated with the development, adoption, and use of FinTech by credit unions.This also includes advising on methods to ensure the consistent implementation of applicable supervisory policies.
- Provide context and FinTech industry insight for the Office of the Chief Information Office, the Office of Business Innovation, and other applicable offices to increase awareness of FinTech to ensure that it is integrated into the Agency's new information technology products and systems.
- Direct the preparation of special reports and studies for the NCUA Board as it relates to FinTech.
- Contribute significantly to the establishment and implementation of innovative processes throughout the organization. Manage, facilitate, coordinate, and integrate responses to internal and external inquiries within the scope of the mission.
- Perform the full range of supervisory and managerial functions for assigned staff. This includes program responsibility, personnel administration, budget preparation, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600624000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.