This position is located in the Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA), Office of Region 3 in Atlanta, GA.
Appointee must sign a DOL Pathways Recent Graduate Program Participant Agreement.Learn more about this agency
The entire duration of the Recent Graduate Appointment constitutes a trial period.
This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- Conducts administrative improvement reviews relating to the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures, methods, and systems within the Office. Provides recommendations to the Supervisor or Executive Officer based on analysis of facts and/or findings. Plans and coordinates special projects and/or analyzes administrative areas to identify the sources of operational and/or administrative problems and recommends improvements in these areas. Analyzes, extracts, summarizes and identifies significant trends, violations, or issues. Studies and/or analyses may be performed at the request of the supervisor and/or Executive Officer, or may be self-initiated.
- As a contracting officer's representative (COR), initiates and monitors procurement and contracting activity on behalf of the ETA Atlanta Region. Also works collaboratively with the Office of Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management (OASAM) Regional Finance Office to ensure timely payment of invoices. Serves as point of contact for telephone services, IT, and regional office space management. Maintains correspondence controls and tracks progress and completion of assignments. As a purchase card holder, orders and monitors the use of organizational supplies and distributes throughout the organization.
- Conducts periodic management surveys of administrative support activities to determine compliance with applicable regulations and procedures and sound management practices. Analyzes the issues in the assignment, then selects and applies accepted analytical
techniques such as task analysis, work simplification, work-flow charts, workload measurement, and trend analysis to the resolution of procedural problems affecting the efficiency, effectiveness, or productivity of the organization and /or work studied. Prepares a narrative report containing a statement of the issue or problem, background, observations, options for change, and recommendations for action.
- Serves as primary resource for the coordination of Records Management activities, including property management. Ensures compliance with Agency and/or Departmental rules and procedures, as well as security maintenance for required records. Advises and performs work related to the maintenance and oversight of Regional Office file management systems and identifies files to be retained in the office, and properly disposes of files identified as no longer needed. Maintains correspondence controls and tracks progress and completion of assignments. Handles information gathering, dissemination activities and reporting activities under FOIA and Privacy Acts.
- Prepares a narrative report containing a statement of the issue or problem, background, observations, options for change, and recommendations for action. As a team member, works on assigned portions of major projects and the development of documents related to the Office’s program administration as well as administrative documents for the Office. Prepares internal instructions, guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), etc. concerning administrative programs. Reviews materials, identifies discrepancies, and recommends revisions to the Supervisor and/or Executive Officer.
09 - There is no promotion potential, as this is the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600604500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.